(55) Hastelloy® Alloy C-276 (UNS N10276) Ni 57.0, Mo 16.0, Cr 15.5, Fe 5.5, W 3.8 Outstanding corrosion resistance in reducing and oxidizing environments. Maintains corrosion resistance in welded condition. Excellent resistance to pitting and stress-corrosion cracking (SCC). Widely used in severest environments in chemical processing, pollution control, pulp and paper.
Nickel-chromium-molybdenum wrought alloy that is considered the most versatile corrosion resistant alloy available. This alloy is resistant to the formation of grain boundary precipitates in the weld heat-affected zone, thus making it suitable for most chemical process applications in an as welded condition. Alloy C-276 also has excellent resistances to ...
(2) Hastelloy® alloy B-2 (UNS N10665) Ni 68, Mo 28, Fe 2, Co 1, Cr 1 Significant resistance to reducing environments. This alloy also provides resistance to pure sulfuric acid and a number of non-oxidizing acids. Industry users like the resistance to a wide range of organic acids and the resistance to chloride-induced SCC.
One of its advantages is the heat affected weld zones have reduced precipitation of carbides and other phases to ensure uniform corrosion resistance. Chemical processing industry involving sulfuric, phosphoric, hydrochloric and acetic acid. Temperature uses vary from ambient to 1500°F depending on the environments
Alloy B-2 is a nickel-molybdenum alloy with significant resistance to reducing ...
Hastelloy® alloy C-22® (UNS N06022) Ni 58, Cr 22, Mo 13.0, Fe 3.0, W 3.0 Better corrosion than C-276 in select environments. Resistance to a wide range of organic acids and the resistance to chloride-induced SCC, and other reducing chemicals. Also has resistance to some oxidizing environments.
Recommended for welding filler metal for general corrosion resistance in many applications
Hastelloy Alloy C-22 is a nickel-chromium-molybdenum alloy with enhanced resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. It resists the formation of grain boundary precipitates in the weld-heat affected zone making it suitable for use in the as-welded condition. C-22 has outstanding resistance to both reducing and ...
(26) Nickel 200 (UNS N02200) Ni 99.0 C 0.15 Commercially pure wrought nickel, good mechanical properties, excellent resistance to many corrosives. Nickel 201 has low carbon (0.02% max.) for applications over 600 °F (315 °C). Food processing equipment, chemical shipping drums, caustic handling equipment and piping, electronic parts, aerospace and missile components, rocket motor cases, magneto-strictive devices
Commercially pure wrought Nickel with good mechanical properties over a wide range of temperature and excellent resistance to many corrosives, in particular hydroxides.
Good resistance to corrosion in acids and alkalis and is most useful under reducing conditions. Outstanding resistance to caustic ...
(26) Nickel 201 (UNS NO2201) Ni 99.6 C 0.02 Commercially pure wrought nickel, good mechanical properties, excellent resistance to many corrosives. Nickel 201 has low carbon (0.02% max.) for applications over 600 °F (315 °C). Food processing equipment, chemical shipping drums, caustic handling equipment and piping, electronic parts, aerospace and missile components, rocket motor cases, magneto-strictive devices
Commercially pure wrought Nickel with similar properties to Alloy 200 but with a lower carbon content to prevent embrittlement by inter-granular carbon at elevated temperatures.
Nickel 201 can be hot formed to almost any shape. The temperature range 1200 °F to 2250 °F is recommended and should be ...
(38) Monel® Alloy 400 (UNS N04400) Ni 66.5 Cu 31.5 High strength, good weldability, excellent corrosion resistance over wide range of temperatures and conditions. Valves, pumps, shafts, marine fixtures, fasteners, electrical, and electronic components, processing equipment, petroleum refining and production equipment, feed water heaters and other heat exchangers.
A Nickel-Copper alloy, resistant to sea water and steam at high temperatures as well as to salt and caustic solutions. Alloy 400 is a nickel-copper alloy with excellent corrosion resistance in a wide variety of media. The alloy is characterized by good general corrosion resistance, good weld ability and moderate to high strength. The alloy has been used in a ...
(33) Monel® Alloy R-405 (UNS N04405) Ni 66.5 Cu 31.5 S 0.04 High strength, good weldability, excellent corrosion resistance over wide range of temperatures and conditions.
Valves, pumps, shafts, marine fixtures, fasteners, electrical, and electronic components, processing equipment, petroleum refining and production equipment, feed water heaters and other heat exchangers.
Solid solution strengthened alloy with high strength and toughness over a wide range of temperatures. Corrosion resistant and oxidation resistant to 1000 °F. Controlled sulfur added for improved machinability over alloy 400. Water meter parts, screw machine products, fasteners, valve parts.
(20) Monel® Alloy K-500 (UNS N05500) Ni 65.5 Cu 29.5 Al 2.7, Ti 0.6 Age-hardenable version of MONEL alloy 400 for increased strength and hardness. Good strength and ductility from -423 to 1200 °F. Pump shafts, doctor blades and scrapers, oil-well drill collars and instruments, electronic components, springs, valve trim, fasteners.
Age-hardenable Nickel-Copper alloy which combines the corrosion resistance of Alloy 400 with high strength corrosion fatigue and erosion resistance.
Alloy K-500 is a nickel-copper alloy, precipitation hardenable through additions of aluminum and titanium. This alloy retains the excellent corrosion resistant characteristics of 400 and has enhanced strength and hardness after precipitation ...
(24) Inconel® alloy 600 (UNS N06600) Ni 76.0, Cr 15.5, Fe 8.0 INCONEL® alloy 600 (UNS N06600) Ni 76.0, Cr 15.5, Fe 8.0
A nickel-chromium alloy with good oxidation resistance at higher temperatures. With good resistance in carburizing and chloride containing environments.
Alloy 600 is a nickel-chromium alloy designed for use from cryogenic to elevated temperatures in the range of 2000 deg F(1093 °C). The high nickel content of the alloy enables it to retain considerable resistance under reducing conditions and makes it resistant to corrosion by a number of organic and inorganic compounds. The nickel content gives it excellent resistance to chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking and also provides excellent resistance to ...
(33) Inconel® Alloy 625 (UNS N06625) Ni 61.0, Cr 21.5 Mo 9.0, Nb+Ta 3.6 High strength and toughness from cryogenic temperatures to 1800 °F (980 °C), good oxidation resistance, exceptional fatigue strength, and good corrosion resistance. Chemical and pollution control equipment, ash pit seals, nuclear reactors, marine equipment, ducting, thrust reverser assemblies, fuel nozzles, afterburners, spray bars.
A material with excellent resistance to pitting, crevice and corrosion cracking. Highly resistant in a wide range of organic and mineral acids. Good high temperature strength.
(31) Ferralium® alloy 255 (UNS S32550) Fe 62, Cr 25.5, Ni 5.5, Mo 3.4 Cu 2.0, Mn 1.6, Si 0.7, N 0.2
Industrial and Marine Applications Continue Growing Rapidly for Alloy 255
Alloy 255 is finding many cost effective applications in the chemical, marine, metallurgical, municipal sanitation, plastics, oil and gas, petrochemical, pollution control, wet phosphoric acid, paper making and metalworking industries.
Called "super" because it is more alloyed than ordinary stainless steels and has superior corrosion resistance, alloy 255 is being used in areas where conventional stainless' are inadequate or, at best marginal. One good example s in the paper industry which was hit with an epidemic of corrosion problems when ...
(78) Nitronic® 60 (Alloy 218) (UNS S21800) Fe 63, Cr 17, Mn 8, Ni 8.5, Si 4, N 0.13 High strength fully Austenitic alloy that resists galling and wear. Significantly lower cost to extend part life and lower maintenance. The yield strength is twice that of 304 and 316 stainless steels, in the annealed condition. Tensile strengths can be produced in excess of 200 ksi. Chloride pitting is superior to that of type 316, and the oxidation resistance is similar to type 321 at elevated temperatures, and excellent cryogenic impact strength. Valves stems, seats, and trim; fastening systems, screening, pins, bushings, roller bearings, pump shafts and rings. Food handling, medical, automotive, aerospace and nuclear.
(44) Nitronic® 50 (XM-19) (UNS S20910) Fe 57, Cr 22, Ni 13, Mn 5, Mo 2, Si 1 High strength Austenitic with superior corrosion resistance to types 316 and 316L, with approximately twice the yield strength in the annealed condition. Also fully Austenitic, this alloy stays non-magnetic when severely cold reduced. Cryogenic properties are also outstanding as well as elevated temperatures. Pumps, valves, fittings, fasteners, cables, chains, wire cloth, marine hardware, shafts, and springs.
Nitronic 50 Stainless Steel provides a combination of corrosion resistance and strength not found in any other commercial material available in its price range. This austenitic stainless has corrosion resistance ...
(4) Low alloy version of NITRONIC 60, primarily used for abrasion resistance only.
Corrosion and abrasion resistant, tough and durable, Nitronic 30 is the stainless steel for your abrasive needs. Ball mill tests have shown that many application standards, such as AR 500 suffer six to seven times as much metal loss as Nitronic 30.
Economical, low alloy, corrosion resistant, abrasion resistant stainless steel. This is a popular replacement for carbon steel, due to the resistance to outside weather conditions.
Note Abrasive wear is not the same as metal-to-metal wear, or galling. Abrasive wear is caused by objects that slide uncontinuously across a surface. Abrasion is tearing or shearing of the surface, and is best ...
Carpenter® alloy 20Cb-3® (UNS N08020) Ni 35, Fe 37, Cr 20, Cu 3.5, Mo 2.5 Excellent resistance to chemicals containing chlorides and sulfuric, phosphoric, and nitric acids. Resists pitting, crevice corrosion, SCC, and intergranular attack.
Pickling tanks, gas scrubbers, piping, heat exchangers, pumps, shafts and valves. Synthetic rubber, pharmaceutical production and other process equipment.
Alloy 20 is a highly alloyed iron-base nickel-chromium-molybdenum stainless steel developed primarily for use in the sulfuric acid related processes. Besides sulfuric acid related processes, some typical corrosion resistant applications for the alloy include chemical, pharmaceutical, food, plastics, synthetic fibers, pickling ...